lord_hydrax

Progress Bar of Task Sequence Deployment Disappears

Hello,

We have two main task sequences we use in production, one for fresh PC builds and one that upgrades an XP machine to Windows 7.

The fresh build TS shows the task sequence UI the whole way through, which is great to know where it is up to in deployments.

With the upgrade from XP to Windows 7, once it has captured files and deployed the image, it sits at tghe Windows 7 logon screen and you cannot see the progress.

If you logon to the computer, you can see the tsmanager.exe process running and after a bit you often then see the progress ui again. Sometimes though logging in also terminates the build early.

I have no idea why it sits at the Windows 7 logon screen, it is still running in the background but we don't get to see what is happening. We usually just have to wait a while or remotely check the processes running to see if tsmanager.exe has stopped.

Any idea what could be wrong or where I can start to look? I don't know if this is an issue or just something to do with the way the TS is setup??

Thanks,

Andrew