mjnako

SCCM 2012 Unknown Computers Query

My current environment has 5 primary sites and will continue to grow to around 20. In an effort to avoiding having a ton of task sequences deployed to the All Unknown Computers device collection I am trying to create an unknown device collection for each site. I have created a device collection with its limiting collection set to All Unknown Computers. Additional I have the following query statement that looking for whether or not the client is installed and if the machine falls within a specific IP range.

Query Statement

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.ResourceId not in (select SMS_R_System.ResourceId from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Client = 1) and SMS_R_System.IPAddresses > "10.104.100.0" and SMS_R_System.IPAddresses < "10.104.121.255"

This query is set to run every 5 minutes

When I change the limititing collection to All Systems it is able to populate the known machines that do no not have the client installed however it does not pick up any out of the box machines that I am trying to image.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

You Greater than and Less than are not going to work the way you expect them too.

IP address are a String no a number, Therefore they are treated as a sting and you will get odd results as such.

Try something like

SMS_R_System.IPAddresses like "10.104.1[0-1]%”

Or SMS_R_System.IPAddresses like "10.104.12[0-1]%”

The query works how it is set. It is currently finding all known machines that do not have the client installed when I change my limited collection to all systems. I am unsure how to go about finding out of the box machines that fall into that ip range.