stevejones

SCCM 2012 Wake on LAN issues

I've got a problem trying to wake a machine with SCCM 2012 WOL. WOL is enabled on the site and on the mandatory advertisement of an automatic deployment rule which deploys a software update package. However, when the deadline is reached, the machine doesn't wake up and therefore doesn't install the updates. I can power up the machine with SCCM right click tools from the console and using mc-wol.exe from the command line. I believe right click tools uses mc-wol or something similar. mc-wol is sending the magic packet using port 9. I am using unicast broadcasts and don't believe there are any arp cache issues, as it works from the command line.

Does WOL in SCCM only send wake up packets to machines that are sleeping or hibernating, or does it support all sleep modes S0-S5?

Even if I get this working I am not sure to use unicast (due to short time router keeps the clients' MAC and IP addresses) or subnet broadcast (security issues).Has anyone got an solutions? Thanks