Lucero

SCCM 2012 Client Install Issues

Hi all,

Lab is 2012 DC, 2012 with Exchange 2013 and 2012 R2 running SCCM 2012 R2 (all roles including SQL and WSUS)

Following the lab tutorials from here (although different), I get to step 5 (tutorial) and do the GPO thing, add the name of the update server but the client never seems to appear in the Windows Update list. WU does say that the settings are managed by the administrator so the GPO is obviously applying.

CCMExec.log shows:

Failed to open to WMI namespace '\\.\root\ccm\Policy\Machine' (8007045b) CcmExec 11/12/2013 22:36:15 2524 (0x09DC)
Could not connect to machine policy WMI namespace to get service settings. CcmExec 11/12/2013 22:36:15 2524 (0x09DC)
not sure if this is even the right log to be looking at :(
Not sure I understand the process. How does WU know that the update is there if you never do like a "deploy"?
Thanks

To clarify the issue further. I rebooted the SCCM box and Windows Update on the client / server could then see the update. These servers are 2012 (not R2) and Windows 8 and 8.1

The server saw the update but when I clicked on install I got the immediate error Code 80244019

Not sure what to do now