Config_Mgr_noob

WSUS and SUP failed to set subscriptions

Question

I have installed the WSUS role (not configured) within our SCCM server as well as configured the SUP role. However, when I look into the WCM.log file I am receiving a "Failed to set Subscriptions on the WSUS Server. Error:(-2147467259)Unspecified error". I've looked into the firewall rules and port 8530 is allowed through the inbound and outbound; I also looked at the file permissions for the folder where the WSUS files will be stored. The issue seems to occur when I tick a Product within the SUP Component Properties. Is there anyone here who has experienced this issue; if so, what did you do to resolve it? I have attached a screenshot of the error message from the WCM log below.

post-22069-0-99077900-1387288247_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

I rebooted the sccm server and now I am not receiving the above error message. However, when I look inside the Wsuscontent folder there is nothing being populated from Microsoft sync. I looked into the wsyncmgr.log file and found this warning: "WARNING: Request filter does not contain any known categories. Sync will do nothing." Do I need to configure anything on the WSUS role or only on the SUP role?

post-22069-0-78525700-1387295180_thumb.jpg