aevans1987

Cant Install Applications via OSD TS

Hello, i'm getting a 0x80004005 when trying to install applications through a Deploy TS via SCCM 2012 SP1 CU2. I have the box checked to allow the application to be installed via TS in the application properties and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I'm missing for this

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aryxpbp9rtqmq1e/SWYnPtGNwx

That link has the logs that (as far as i can tell) are related to this issue from the Google searches I've done, I just don't know where in the logs to look to find out the root cause of the problem.

Any Assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

I have, i will note, that it doesn't seem to be limited to just this application, i have had task sequences with 5 Applications (basic things, like Java, Reader, Flash, Office, etc) all of them were set to continue on error and by the time the desktop came around, nothing was installed. Running without any application deployments it works fine. I'm really at a loss as to why its behaving this way.

Check the version history of the applications which are used in your task sequence and delete every inactive not referred version in there. There seems to be a bug in the application version cleanup maintenace Task. This also affects the deplyoment status of the applications in the console.

The Client Agent checks the application versions and just stops when finding a bad entry. Related Errors will be found in the ciagent.log.

Not sure if your problem is related to this, but i was just running into this weird behavior last week and got things running again by cleaning up the versions manually.