jcortez103

Distribution Point on a Domain Controller?

Hi all,

I'm pretty new at SCCM and I'm having issues on a new DP on a DC. We're running SCCM 2012 and the DC is a 2008R2 DC. Whenever I try to install the DP role, I get an error saying "Distribution manager failed to connect to the distribution point. Check your firewall settings". Another role when trying to send packages, I get the same error plus an error saying it can't find an NTFS drive or the drive may not have enough space. The drive does have enough space. I tried adding our site servers to the top level of our domain with full access, but no luck. Any ideas?

Hi man, how about pre-requisits for installation SCCM are OK?

Do you try install SCCM on the same server there is DC?

All prereqs are good to go. Weird though, it's working now. I completely uninstalled everything, rebooted, and it initially error'd out, but now it seems to be working. Not sure what happened. This is odd.

Thanks.