shank

PXE not working and log not updating

Hi all

I am having an issue as of late. My setup is as follows,

In a particular state;

DHCP/ DNS is on an NS server

SCCM DP is on a seperate server.

When i try to PXE boot using a VM in this particular state, no issues it pxe boots.

PXE booting a client laptop - unknown does not work, and according to the person doing it, it moves too fast and no error.

I look at the smspxe log in reminst\sms_dp on the DP and it doesn't update, but does when i boot from the VM i think.

I have restarted WDS, ensured pxe is enabled and boot images are copied over, i have rebuilt this pxe point from scratch.

I am not sure what to do next.

Can someone please help.

Thanks

Well you know the PXE function of SCCM isn't the problem if your VM is PXE booting.

So no need to remove the PXE capability.

Has a change been made on the client network side, VLAN etc... ?

PXE booting a client laptop - unknown does not work, and according to the person doing it, it moves too fast and no error.

What moves to fast?

Is it atleast getting a PXE offer and the boot.wim is loading to fast and bombing out is that what you mean?

Well you know the PXE function of SCCM isn't the problem if your VM is PXE booting.

So no need to remove the PXE capability.

Has a change been made on the client network side, VLAN etc... ?

What moves to fast?

Is it atleast getting a PXE offer and the boot.wim is loading to fast and bombing out is that what you mean?

There has been no change on the network side of things, no it gets to the stage of contacting server... and after a few seconds it moves on from lan boot to windows boot, and this is too fast for the user to realize if there is an error code of any sort.

She was able to tell me all she saw was exiting boot agent and it then moved on.

Switch ports maybe?

Media test failure is no connection\communication. Either network ports damaged in trunking or ports gone on switch, no cable, NIC damaged, port configuration wrong on switch if managed ports or NIC turned off in BIOS.