tiandu

Issue adding Operating System Installer

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me or at least point me in the right direction. I'm running Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 on WIndows Server 2012 Standard. Windows ADK for 8.1 is installed.

Whenever I try to add a new Operating System Installer on the Primary site, I get the error message; "The specified path does not contain a valid operating system or you do not have permission to access it. Specify a valid path". In my SMSAdminUI.log file, I get "Failed to get the image property from the source WIM file due to error 80070002". This used to work, and I am unaware of any changes that occurred to stop it working (although obviously there has been something).

What I have done;

Rebooted server.

Re-installed Windows ADK for 8.1.

Re-installed WDS.

Re-installed PXE point in SCCM.

Upgraded from CU3 to CU4.

Checked access rights to the share holding the Operating System Images, and checked that the user accounts are not locked out.

Created a new share on the local server with Full Access rights for everyone, and tried to add the Image from there; same error message.

Reset Primary site.

Tried different images, including images that were previously successfully added.

I haven't yet tried upgrading to SCCM 2012 R2 because our SCSM environment hasn't been upgraded, but since upgrading to CU4 didn't make any difference, I'm not sure that upgrading to R2 would have any effect either.

Is there anything else I can try, or look at any other logfiles apart from SMSAdminUI.log?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK it looks like I solved this issue. I uninstalled WADK 8.1 and went back to WADK 8. I was sure that I had deployed a fresh image since the update from 8 to 8.1, but obviously not. I had certainly successfully deployed a new boot image using WADK 8.1 though. Anyway, my setup now is Windows Server 2012, SCCM 2012 SP1 CU4, and WADK 8, just for reference. Upgrading to WADK 8.1 prevents me from importing new Windows images. Maybe I need to use SCCM 2012 R2 with WADK 8.1?