jdd12

Configuration Baseline Compliance Evaluation Schedules

Hello everyone,

We are using 2012 R2 CU1.

I am trying to understand the Configuration Baseline evaluation schedules. I have created a Configuration Baseline that ensures a specific registry value exists and is set to what we want it set to.

The Default Client Settings are configured with the default evaluation schedule of every 7 days. I am unable to configure an evaluation schedule in custom Client Settings. Within my Configuration Baseline deployment, I have set a compliance evaluation schedule of every 15 minutes.

I can see the Configuration Baseline applied in the client Configurations tab. I can manually click Evaluate to have it run and it does behave as expected. This morning I manually changed the registry entry to something that would put the Configuration Item in a non-compliant state. The Configurations tab shows a Last Evaluation run time of yesterday at 6:08 pm and it is now 1:30 pm the following day.

How do these two evaluation schedules (Client Settings vs Deployment) interact?

Thanks.

John

That makes sense. I had the deployment evaluation schedule at 15 minutes just for the testing period.

I was curious how the evaluation schedule in the deployment settings works in conjunction with the evaluation schedule in the client settings. Does the evaluation schedule in the deployment take precedent over the evaluation schedule from the client settings? I probably have missed it but I have looked and am unable to find anything that explains the relationship, if there is one.

Thanks for your response!