Wigley123

Trouble with installing Dell Optiplex 7010 Drivers through SCCM 2007

Hey all!

I'm calling out for anyone who's had issues installing drivers on an Optiplex 7010 through SCCM. I have taken the task of getting SCCM to work within our local hospital and I've managed to get the Optiplex 780 and 790 to deploy correctly with no issue whatsoever. However, when I follow the exact process for the Optiplex 7010 the task sequence will fail once it is required to gain access to our software source and install all of the applications specified in the TS. On further inspection within the logs it's clear to see that the Ethernet driver has not installed at all which results in failure of deploying Windows 7.

I have read that SCCM doesn't work well with Intel 825xx series network card although I can't prove the validity of this. I also read that NIC devices which require a special driver for WinPE may cause the TS to fail if the OS is Vista or newer.

I'm not entirely sure where to go on from here currently. I don't want to have to capture the image of a 7010 physically so for now I'm ruling that option out unless there are now alternatives.

Anyone who is having this issue I have now found the information that I needed to solve it. I am just updating this post in the event that someone else also has the same issue above.

http://serverfault.com/questions/654364/dell-optiplex-7010-drivers-do-not-install-correctly-during-sccm-2007-deployment/656685#656685