• Windows-Noob logo

Welcome to windows-noob.com!

Logging in will allow you to download scripts used in the guides.

If you came here looking for the Endpoint Manager step-by-step guides then please start here.

Register for free and ask your questions in our forums.

Microsoft To Double Down on HTML5

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    "With the latest releases of Opera, Google Chrome and Firefox continuing to push the boundaries of the web, the once-dominant Internet Explorer is looking less and less relevant every day. But we should expect Microsoft to go on the offensive at its upcoming MIX 2010 developer conference in Las Vegas, where, it has been speculated, the company will demonstrate the first beta builds of Internet Explorer 9 and possibly offer a preview release of the browser to developers. Several clues point to th

Update - Restart Issues After Installing MS10-015 and the Alureon Rootkit

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    We wanted to provide you with an update on our ongoing investigation into the “blue screen” issues affecting a limited number of customers who installed MS10-015. We have been working around the clock with our customers, partners and several teams at Microsoft to determine the cause of these issues. Our investigation has concluded that the reboot occurs because the system is infected with malware, specifically the Alureon rootkit. We were able to reach this conclusion after the comprehensive

Microsoft releases prices for Office 2010

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft has announced new prices and a slimmed product line for Office 2010, which will be available in June. Volume prices for corporate purchases are still pending.   Microsoft said it would offer Office in three packs: Home and Student, Home and Business, and Professional.   Buyers who buy the suite as part of a new personal computer will receive discounted key cards that unlock the pre-loaded software.       Office Home and Student   * Key card price: £89.99 * Boxed pr

Microsoft Unveils Windows Phone 7 Series

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    So, after much, much speculation and many, many rumours, Microsoft finally took the wraps off Windows Phone 7 Series, its newest mobile operating system. Hold on to your hats, because uncharacteristically for the Redmond giant, they've rebuilt everything from the ground up - this system has little to no connection to the Windows Mobile of yore. I don't say this lightly - but dear lord, Windows Phone 7 Series is full of win. Update: Hands-on video from Engadget inside. Update II: There is no sync

A 17-year-old bug

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    A 17-year-old bug in Windows will be patched by Microsoft in its latest security update.   The February update for Windows will close the loophole that dates from the time of the DOS operating system.   First appearing in Windows NT 3.1, the vulnerability has been carried over into almost every version of Windows that has appeared since.   The monthly security update will also tackle a further 25 holes in Windows, five of which are rated as "critical".   Home hijack   The ancient bug w

Windows 7 Fastest Selling OS in History

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Microsoft presented the results for its second quarter of the 2010 fiscal year yesterday, which ended on December 29 2009. As it turns out, thanks to sales of Windows 7, Microsoft experienced a record quarter, which is especially welcome after the previous two lacklustre ones. It sold 60 million Windows 7 licenses during this record quarter.   Since I have no clue about these figures, I'll just copy them verbatim so I won't make any mistakes.   Microsoft Corp. today announced record revenue

windows-noob.com is on Twitter

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    as of today, windows-noob.com is on Twitter officially, i've moved the test twitter posts from my twitter account (ncbrady) to it's own dedicated account,   please do me and windows-noob.com a favor and follow windowsnoob on twitter   all new topics from the RSS feed called todays topics, will be posted there every 15 minutes or so   thanks !   cheers niall   http://twitter.com/windowsnoob

Microsoft investigates 17-year-old Windows flaw

anyweb
    By anyweb,
    Reports have surfaced about a new security hole that has been in Windows since the release of Windows NT 3.1 on July 27, 1993. The vulnerability is present in all 32-bit versions of Windows released since then, including all supported versions: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7. Microsoft has issued Security Advisory (979682) to address the elevation of privilege vulnerability in the Windows kernel, making sure to note that 64-bit ve

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.