Jump to content


gitrdone564

Established Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About gitrdone564

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. So it looks like all of the sudden this is working. This is strange.
  2. I'm trying to wrap my head around software updates which I thought were easy to setup. I can confirm that the updates are being sent to the clients without any issue. However when I try to monitor the ADR I always get a compliance of 0.0% with an Unknown status for all the clients in the collection even after running summarization. The strange thing sees to be that this is happening only on Windows 8 clients. The Asset Details show the 2 test clients in the collection as Client check passed/Active. I've run a Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle manually from both clients as well as a Software Updates Scan Cycle with no change. I first thought it was Group Policy issue so I removed all instances of WSUS from the GPOs in the domain on Friday and forced GPupdate then restarted both machines. The resultant set of policies report for my machine shows WSUS being applied by the local group policy which I assume is coming from the SCCM client. I then removed all of the ADRs except the one that is working (Windows 7 Updates). I just recreated the Endpoint Protection ADR by following the guide from this site. I'm getting the same results. No compliance data. The question is where do I begin digging into fixing this issue?
  3. I've gone through the tutorials here and for the most part we have everything working as we expected. However we have a couple of machines including my own Surface Pro tablet that are not showing any hardware inventory in resource explorer. This tablet has been reimaged at least once so that may be the root of the issue. I have uninstalled the client on my tablet, deleted the SMSCFG.INI file, deleted the device out of SCCM, rebooted and let the discovery complete and push the client back to the tablet. The result is the same each time. It looks like all other pieces are working normally. I've tried looking at the logs to find the difference between my tablet and other machines that are working. One thing that seems strange is my SMSCFG.INI file: [SMS MultiBoot Configuration] Number of Opal Installations=1 [Configuration - Client Properties] SMS SMBIOS Serial Number Identifier=300032003900370039003000310033003000380035003300 SID=S-1-5-21-3440475718-1398046577-3192953677 SMS Hardware Identifier 2=00B80600010000FE SMS Hardware Identifier=40B80600010000FE SMS Unique Identifier=GUID:FB2BBE4C-50D8-4B3E-81DB-D65270048D1A Previous SMSUID=GUID:FB2BBE4C-50D8-4B3E-81DB-D65270048D1A Last SMSUID Change Date=06/27/2013 12:40:50 SMS Certificate Identifier=SMS;CA0E6002F535FFC3E0E453D7EC2C62CF4E0F0F0D Last Version=5.00.7804.1000 The SMS SMBIOS Serial Number Identifier seems to be way off base compared to my other machines. I'm grasping at straws right now.
  4. I've deployed 7Zip to a group of Windows 8 machines and we noticed an interesting issue today. The app never shows up in Software Center. There are no notifications, etc. I also noticed that the link to to the Application Catalog is not an active link. This is happening on all of our Windows 8 machines. The Windows 7 machines are working properly. The link is not active even if I deploy to user collections.
×
×
  • Create New...