Everything posted by Adam Schmidt
It took me a bit (and a lot of searching) but I finally figured out what was causing the problem. Turns out a large number or old XP machines in the District at one point was a test run for SCCM 2007, when trying to install the new client a registry setting was not being modified and prevented the installation to point the client to the right site code. The registry key I needed to remove was; HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\MobileClient\GPRequestedSiteAssignmentCode I pushed the client after scripting and deploying the reg change, now I see and manage the clients http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sl-SI/configmanagerdeployment/thread/9cdb0bcd-4cb6-48ff-9b34-c33daa7e2e2d
I am having a difficult time trying to get the client installed on XP machines that have an older client on them. I know I am overlooking something, I just can't seem to see it. I am running SCCM 2012 SP1 Here is some detailed information from one of the client machines Windows XP SP3 (it did have the SCCM 2007 client installed and was pointing to a different site that was no longer in use) This is the info I have after SCCM 2012 deployed the new clients Shows the Version as: 5.00.7804.100 Client cert: None Connection Type: Unknown Site Code is empty Network is empty Actions only has: Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle User Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle I even tried to manually install the client with: "\\zeus.gwusd.org\SMS_Z01\Client\ccmsetup.exe" /mp:Zeus.gwusd.org SMSSITECODE=Z01 SMSSLP=Zeus.gwusd.org SMSMP=Zeus.gwusd.org DISABLECACHEOPT=TRUE DISABLESITEOPT=TRUE Ccmsetup.exe ran for 30 minutes, but the settings were the same. I attached both the ccmsetup.log and the client.msi.log Thanks! ccmsetup.log client.msi.log
I ran into this problem yesterday, I discovered that the cert for MicrosoftPolicyPlatformSetup.msi in for the client folder had expired. Guess this is a known bug and Microsoft released a hotfix for it the other day. http://777notes.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/sccm-2012-sccm-2012-sp1-client-update-failed-error-couldnt-verify-cwindowsccmsetupmicrosoftpolicyplatformsetup-msi-authenticode-signature-return-code-0x800b0101/ Hope this helps!