Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Terrible Coding Skills'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Cloud
    • Azure
    • Microsoft Intune
    • Office 365
  • General Stuff
    • General Chat
    • Events
    • Site News
    • Windows News
    • Suggestion box
    • Jobs
  • MDT, SMS, SCCM, Current Branch &Technical Preview
    • How do I ?
    • Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
    • Official Forum Supporters
    • SMS 2003
    • Configuration Manager 2007
    • Configuration Manager 2012
    • System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)
    • Packaging
    • scripting
    • Endpoint Protection
  • Windows Client
    • how do I ?
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • windows screenshots
  • Windows Server
    • Active Directory
    • Microsoft SQL Server
    • System Center Operations Manager
    • KMS
    • Windows Deployment Services
    • NAP
    • Failover Clustering
    • PKI
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Windows Server 2012
    • Windows Server 2016
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Hyper V
    • Exchange
    • IIS/apache/web server
    • System Center Data Protection Manager
    • System Center Service Manager
    • System Center App Controller
    • System Center Virtual Machine Manager
    • System Center Orchestrator
    • Lync
    • Application Virtualization
    • Sharepoint
    • WSUS

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. Hi guys, For a recent client, I've had to automate the removal of Alternate Data Stream information from files, as this was causing ImageX to crash while taking a .WIM backup of critical systems. We would see the file name listed in the BDD and ZtiBackup.logs with an error code 2 next to the file name. Massive trial and error lead me to the discovery that some files with Zone Identifier or other types of Meta data can cause imageX to fail. I discovered Mark Russinovich's excellent Streams.exe tool, which is made to read and destroy ADS info, and it perfectly solves this problem. When I run it manually, all deployments complete without an issue. In the interests of automation, I've modified a .vbs file and added it to my Script Root, and yet I'm getting errors in deployment of "File not found", when the task sequence gets to that file. In addition, I've tried rendering the same commands as a .batch file, also with no success. Would you scripting professionals mind taking a look at this and letting me know if you see any errors? Thank you! Edit: I can't seem to use either uploader, so I'll just post the text of my Vbs below. <job id="Remove-DataStreams"> <script language="VBScript" src="ZTIUtility.vbs"/> <script language="VBScript"> '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- '// Purpose: Used to Remove Alternate Data Streams/Zone Identifiers '// Usage: cscript Remove-DataStreams.wsf [/debug:true] '// Version: 1.0 - 20 Nov 2012 - Stephen OWen '// '// This script is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, confers no rights and '// is not supported by the authors or Deployment Artist. '// '// Instructions: In the MDT Application, create a source folder and copy '// this script and SysInternals Streams.exe '// '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- '// Global constant and variable declarations '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Explicit Dim iRetVal '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- '// End declarations '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- '// Main routine '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Error Resume Next iRetVal = ZTIProcess ProcessResults iRetVal On Error Goto 0 '//--------------------------------------------------------------------------- '// '// Function: ZTIProcess() '// '// Input: None '// '// Return: Success - 0 '// Failure - non-zero '// '// Purpose: Perform main ZTI processing '// '//--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Function ZTIProcess() oLogging.CreateEntry "Remove-DataStreams: Preparing to remove ADS Information", LogTypeInfo ' Disable Zone Checks oEnv("SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS") = 1 ' Removal of ADS values begins here ' iRetVal = oUtility.RunWithHeartbeat("streams.exe /accepteula -d -s "C:\Documents and Settings"") ' oLogging.CreateEntry "Remove-DataStreams: Completed Removal of ADS in C:\Documents and Settings" iRetVal = oUtility.RunWithHeartbeat("streams.exe /accepteula -d -s C:\") oLogging.CreateEntry "Remove-DataStreams: Completed Removal of ADS in C:\" if (iRetVal = 0) or (iRetVal = 3010) then ZTIProcess = Success Else ZTIProcess = Failure oLogging.CreateEntry "Remove-DataStreams: Error processing script Check the log." End If ' Enable Zone Checks oEnv.Remove("SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS") oLogging.CreateEntry "Remove-DataStreams: Return code from command = " & iRetVal, LogTypeInfo oLogging.CreateEntry "Remove-DataStreams: Finished Removal", LogTypeInfo End Function </script> </job>
  • Create New...