Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'system center update publisher'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Cloud
    • Azure
    • Microsoft Intune
    • Office 365
    • Windows 365
  • General Stuff
    • General Chat
    • Events
    • Site News
    • Windows News
    • Suggestion box
    • Jobs
  • MDT, SMS, SCCM, Current Branch &Technical Preview
    • How do I ?
    • Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
    • Official Forum Supporters
    • SMS 2003
    • Configuration Manager 2007
    • Configuration Manager 2012
    • System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)
    • Packaging
    • scripting
    • Endpoint Protection
  • Windows Client
    • how do I ?
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • windows screenshots
  • Windows Server
    • Active Directory
    • Microsoft SQL Server
    • System Center Operations Manager
    • KMS
    • Windows Deployment Services
    • NAP
    • Failover Clustering
    • PKI
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Windows Server 2012
    • Windows Server 2016
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Hyper V
    • Exchange
    • IIS/apache/web server
    • System Center Data Protection Manager
    • System Center Service Manager
    • System Center App Controller
    • System Center Virtual Machine Manager
    • System Center Orchestrator
    • Lync
    • Application Virtualization
    • Sharepoint
    • WSUS

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. I figured this out yesterday and wanted to share as it may help someone else as the internet failed to help me. Our SCUP 2011 started to fail to launch. It would show the splash screen then crash a few seconds later. In the Application event log there are two entries .NET framework and App Crash error (No help in these errors). Monitoring the size of the SCUPDB.SDF file to grew to ~256MB and that is the max size in the SCUP application (I couldn't figure out how to make this limit bigger.) The SQL Compact Edition 3.5 max size is 4GB. "Fixing it" I used SQL Server Management Studio to load the SCUPDB.SDF file (you have to change the maximum size in SSMS). Then I poked around in the tables and decided to delete a Vendor (Dell) and subsequent products, updates and bundles. (Make a backup of the SCUPDB.SDF file!) SELECT * FROM Vendors - Take the Id of the Vendor SELECT * FROM Products WHERE Vendor_Id = 'VENDORID' - Save the Product Id(s) SELECT * FROM UpdatePackages WHERE Product_Id IN ('PRODUCTID','PRODUCTID') - Use this query in the IN clause in the next query ( SELECT * changes to SELECT PackageId) SELECT * FROM BundledPackages WHERE UpdatePackage_PackageId IN (SELECT PackageId FROM UpdatePackages WHERE Product_Id IN ('PRODUCTID','PRODUCTID')) Now I ran these in reverse to delete data from the tables. DELETE FROM BundledPackages WHERE UpdatePackage_PackageId IN (SELECT PackageId FROM UpdatePackages WHERE Product_Id IN ('PRODUCTID','PRODUCTID')) DELETE FROM UpdatePackages WHERE Product_Id IN ('PRODUCTID','PRODUCTID') DELETE FROM Products WHERE Vendor_Id = 'VENDORID' DELETE FROM Vendors WHERE Id = 'VENDORID' Right click on the on the file in the object explorer and select properties. From there run a full database compaction. In my case I used Dell as the vendor. We never used their updates for drivers and etc. This reduced the file from 256MB to under 70MB. I hope this helps someone else!
  • Create New...