Arcuss88

Dependant Application Deployment Types

OK, so here's my scenario. I've created two Applications each of which have more than 1 Application Type. When I created and tested them both with a deployment to a collection and during OSD with PXE they work fine. What is "special" I think about them though is that I have made the dependencies for the Application Types are in the same Application. When I try to run the Task Sequence on a Stand-Alone USB drive is NOT connected to the network these two Applications do not install. If I run the same Task Sequence on the same Stand-Alone USB drive the TS fails.

So in case I'm not clear on how the Application\Deployment Type is set up let me try and diagram it

Application 1

-Deployment Type 1 - Patch .0.5

-Deployment Type 2 - Patch .1

-Deployment Type 3 - MSI v1

The application is called

Patch .05 is called and has a dependency of Patch .1

Patch .1 has a dependency of the MSI

The MSI is installed, then Patch .1 is installed, then Patch .05 is installed resulting in a fully patched version of the original MSI v1.1.5

Application 2 is pretty much the same logic as Application 1, just with only 2 Deployment Types.

My question is, why will these run correctly when the client machine is connected to the network, but when run on a Stand-Alone USB and not connected they fail?

I have other applications that call other applications in the same TS and those work fine, so it seems that SCCM doesn't like the dependency being in the SAME application. If I have to I will break them out into separate applications, but that seem pretty silly!

I can provide SMSTS and AppEnforcement logs or whatever logs I can get from the client if needed.