krdell

TS Errors on One Model Machine Only

When I try deploying my Win7 x64 onto my HP Elitebook 820 I get an error toward the very end of the TS, stating that it failed to install Sophos. However, this TS works fine on every other model machine we have.

The TS applies the OS, and drivers (so it says) but then I get an error 0x8007002. When I click ok on the error it boots to the OS with no drivers or many other TS steps so there is obviously some other problems before the 2nd to last step which is install Sophos.

I have tried performing a disk part as well as making sure that all drivers are int he boot image and as well as driver database.

Here is the smsts.log file. http://1drv.ms/MTMzip

Thanks in advance!

Do you have a driver specific package for this model?... if not try and manually create one or see if there is one on the web for it and use WMI query on it....the auto-apply device drivers does not work all the time, if this is what I think your doing?

Also de-tick continue on error on the wireless profile, adobe readerXI and see if it bypasses the tasks then. The TS will continue on as normal with this option selected even though it has failed to install the software tasks.

So I went ahead and unchecked continue on error on those items and it fails at wireless profile so I'm guessing that it is not auto applying drivers. How do I get it to get the drivers installed properly? This is the 1st time I have had this happen on a model. Thanks in advance for the assistance

Here is the new log file:

http://1drv.ms/1fTSPDL

If you have a model specific driver bundle imported and a package created just for this model you attach the driver package to the task sequence, give it a name that suits and in the options select use a WMI query and input

SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Model LIKE "%Model%"

%Model% will be replaced with the model the driver pack is for. to find the criteria you need to plug into this simply log into the system, run a command line and enter in

wmic csproduct get name and hit enter.... the returned result is what you place inside the quotes in the above WMI query.

This will result in the task sequence checking to see if this driverpack gets installed or not on a model, if the wmi query matches that of the model then it will install that specific driver package. If it does not match it just bypasses it!

So I went ahead and unchecked continue on error on those items and it fails at wireless profile

This is expected, as it states clearly in your original log that it failed at this point. The reason I suspect is because it cannot find the files due to not having the correct drivers installed.