clarkey2r

WSUS and SCCM

Question

Hi

I had WSUS working on its own absolutely fine, installed SCCM (with a few teething troubles) but now the WSUS clients do not report back to the sever. All the clients install the required updates/patches fine??

I have tried to follow the Configuring SUP guide but for some reason when I click on Update Repository nothing happens???? So trying to continue any further is pointless!

Any help/pointers/advice would be much appreciated!

clarkey

you can do software updates with wsus, or with sccm, not both, sccm will control wsus once you set it up that way,

your system status logs in ConfigMgr admin console should give you some ideas as to why its failing (look for the wsus logs)

you can do software updates with wsus, or with sccm, not both, sccm will control wsus once you set it up that way,

your system status logs in ConfigMgr admin console should give you some ideas as to why its failing (look for the wsus logs)

How do I get to the status logs agin?

heres your problem

SMS WSUS Synchronization failed. Message: WSUS server not configured.

so does the SCCM computer account have administrative priveledges on the WSUS server ?

please double check the guide.

cheers

anyweb

heres your problem

so does the SCCM computer account have administrative priveledges on the WSUS server ?

please double check the guide.

cheers

anyweb

I dont think that I have mentioned the fact that this is part of my lab setup, which mean the server I use is the primary dc, sql server, wsus etc etc (so cant access local users and groups).

I can get another server up and running so, which of all the services would you separate out? Primary DC and SQL on 1 and WSUS and SCCM on another?

Cheers