stgrdk

WSUS Classification problems

I tried today to set classifications through powershell but I get this.. :/

Set-CMSoftwareUpdatePointComponent -SiteCode XXX -AddUpdateClassification "Definition Updates"

Set-CMSoftwareUpdatePointComponent : No object corresponds to the specified parameters.

At line:1 char:1

+ Set-CMSoftwareUpdatePointComponent -SiteCode XXX -AddUpdateClassification "Defin ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Microsoft.Confi...omponentCommand:SetSoftwareUpdatePointComponentCommand) [set-CMSoftwareUpdatePointComponent], ItemNotFoun

dException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ItemNotFound,Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Cmdlets.HS.Commands.SetSoftwareUpdatePointComponentCommand

Did you integrate your SCCM/WSUS server with System Center Updates Publisher?

I also saw you are running a 2008 (R2) version of WSUS. Did you verifiy you got both updates for it? (min WSUS 3.0 SP2 + KB2720211 + KB2734608)

Link to both updates:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2720211

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2734608

You also might want to look in the event viewer of Windows itself, WSUS might be spitting out some errors over there.

Yes, I have both updates installed.

I think it might be a corrupted db that gives the problem. When I remove the SUP, and then reinstall it, the wizard remembers my choises.

I suspect it has something to do with it. So, if I somehow could totally reset the sccm db regarding SUP settings, it might work.

In WCM.log theres this line:

Subscribed Update Categories <?xml version="1.0" ?>~~<Categories>~~ <Category Id="Product:01030579-66d2-446e-8c65-538df07e0e44"><![CDATA[Windows 8.1 Language Packs]]></Category>~~ <Category Id="Product:0a07aea1-9d09-4c1e-8dc7-7469228d8195"><![CDATA[Windows RT]]></Category>~~ <Category Id="Product:14a011c7-d17b-4b71-a2a4-051807f4f4c6"><![CDATA[Windows 8.1 Language Interface Packs]]></Category>~~ <Category Id="Product:18e5ea77-e3d1-43b6-a0a8-fa3dbcd42e93"><![CDATA[Windows 8.1 Dynamic Update]]></Category>~~   ETC................. 

I don't recall seeing this in another running system I manage, so im thinking perhaps something is wrong in the db and the total output of the xml is written in the log.

I did an wsutil /reset and then a checkhealth and the eventlog tells everything is working fine

I also tried to change some product in another environement and got the same kind of XML data as described in my last post. So perhaps thats just working as intended.

Im not sure what to do now, since I've used up all my ideas.

Last link that I found for you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/29135ae5-5f0c-49d9-b7ad-f4d5e9664a33/sccm-2012-sp1-sup-on-windows-server-2012?forum=configmanagerdeployment

Poeple saying this is what helped them:

Pretty strange behavior but here's what I did to fix it:

1.) Uninstall SUP role

2.) Uninstall WSUS

4.) Delete SUSDB from SQL Server

5.) Restart Server

6.) Install WSUS (Chose to install DB nit WID)

7.) Configured Updates to be stored locally

8.) Ran Post Deployment Configuration from Server manager

9.) Started WSUS Admin Console and ran Wizard (also chose to connect for the catalog sync) up to the Point where you select the products (like Kent suggested). Here I canceled the wizzard without chosing any products

10.) Install SUP role in SCCM and configure the right Settings (WSUS on Server 2012 Defaults to its own admin Website and ports 8530 and 8531) and select the products I needed

11.) Checked wcm.log where everything seemed all right now.

12.) started synchronization in the sccm console

At least for me this is working now.

Cheers

Sebastian Bammer

Kind Regards,

Kevin