So I stood a newer virtual instance of SCCM a couple of years ago that replaced an older instance on hardware. I recently noticed that if I do a find site on a client the old site code will pop up but manually entering the new site code is fine. And on client settings have the new site code explicitly stated.
I checked the reg and we are not using GP to assign the site code and what is there looks right. I then checked with ADSI Edit low and behold the old entries for the site code and the old server are there even though I could swear that they were removed.
My question is I can just remove those older entries or should I do a deep DNS search to make sure that all the old references are gone and then delete.