Majs-KB

How do I clear uninstalled optional software from Software Center

I can't seem to find any information about this rather annoying issue.

A user needs to do a few tasks which require a FTP program.

He or she opens the Application Catalog and installs the optional software FileZilla.

The next week the user uninstalls FileZilla from the Software Center, because he or she doesn't need it any more.

FileZilla jumps back to "Available software" in the Software Center and keep bugging the user every few hours or reboots that new software is available.

How do I clear the "Available Software" in the Software Center from optional software that has been uninstalled?

as Peter33 says, either remove the computer/user from the collection that the application is deployed to, or adjust the notifications (in custom client settings) for the Client Agent itself.

There must be something I am missing or I have misunderstood what the Application Catalog is used for.

The application is deployed to All Users collection and is made available in the Application Catalog.

By my understanding this means that whenever a user needs to use an optional piece of Software the user opens the Application Catalog and installs it.

The user can also remove the Software again if the user decides to.

This is where the problem comes in. The Software stays in the Software Center as Available as described in my first post.

(Remove the user from the collection)

Maybe I misunderstand both your suggestions. But I cant remove individual users from All Users Collection just because they decided to install some optional software.

(disable the notifications in the deployment)

Not sure here. But wouldn't the application still exits in the Software Center after the user uninstalls it.

(adjust the notifications (in custom client settings) for the Client Agent)

Wouldn't this disable all notifications for all deployments!

Ofcourse I can just tell my users not to uninstall the software. But that doesn't seem right!