pascalloz

quicktime

Question

i created a Quicktime application with an dependency of apple application support. That is working perfect. But now it needs to copy the Quicktime.qtp file in the appdata folder. But for some reason it will not do that. I have include the screenshots

here below is the script:

xcopy "%~dp0quicktime.qtp" "%AppData%\LocalLow\Apple Computer\Quicktime" /Y

Or is there a better way to do that?

post-26002-0-88113800-1411365036_thumb.png

post-26002-0-19371600-1411365044_thumb.png

8 answers to this question

In your preferences.cmd file enter the syntax

copy "%~dp0quicktime.qtp" "%userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Apple Computer\Quicktime" /y

instead of

Rocket Man

Well, i guess the target directory just does not exist right after the installation of the program, because the program was not executed yet in the user context.

Just create it before you copy the file.

md "%AppData%\LocalLow\Apple Computer\Quicktime"

Along with Peter has mentioned if the quicktime folder is not created you will need to create it.

The %AppData% variable does not work, well running it locally from testing that is, but this does work as I have tested it:

cmd.exe /c md "%userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Apple Computer\Quicktime"
xcopy "%~dp0quicktime.qtp" "%userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Apple Computer\Quicktime" /Y

This will create a quick time folder providing that Apple Computer folder already exists, if not the you will have to create this also with:

cmd.exe /c md "%userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Apple Computer"

cmd.exe /c md "%userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Apple Computer\Quicktime"
xcopy "%~dp0quicktime.qtp" "%userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Apple Computer\Quicktime" /Y

How are you deploying this application, required or available to user?

If software has any kind of a user profile based installation, I personally prefer to leave the app available in the APP catalog, this way the user has to be logged in and the user profile installs works just fine!

Rocket Man

I have discovered that we have a different problem, and that could be the reason why it was not working al alone. Yesterday i was trying your script, and it was still not working. And when i was trying to adjust it, and redistribute i notice that the client did not always download the new (changed) package. So i cleared the local sccm client cache. And then i find out that the clients are receiving old package.

But this could be my problem all alone. I was constantly adjusting my package and updating my distribution points. But the client kept receiving old data. So we have no idea for how long this is going on, but this is a bigg problem. But in some way this is a good thing to. Now i know (well at least have the feeling) that problem was not my knowledge or with iTunes or Quicktime or having problems with the batch files.

It now seems like that the SCCM was distributing old (inconsistent) data all a long. We are trying to figure out why that is, and how we can solve this.

Do you guys have any idea? or have you see this before?