mginter82

Surface pro 3 Sysprep

Question

I have been trying to sysprep some surface pro 3's with no luck. I have tried with the oem image (new out of box) and with bitlocker enable then disable, tpm off, secure boot off and after it is shutdown it will not pxe boot. also wondering if there is a way to re-arm the oem key(slic) if using a non oem image/ litetouch.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

why on earth would you want to do that ? OEM images are for OEM use only,

you should create a new image using MDT or Configuration Manager as I explain here

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11685-5-video-series-on-deploying-the-microsoft-surface-pro-3-available-now

then you can deploy that captured image to as many Surface Pro 3's as you want, including other hardware too.

you don't, that's the whole point of OEM, it's designed to be installed only on the hardware it ships on,

if you want to deploy an image to multiple machines then you should not be using OEM media

One more question when trying to capture an image in vm workstation 10 it takes about six hours. I am running a hp proliant dl380 g5 with duel quad cores and 32gb ram. It is the wds/mdt and dhcp server . VM nic setting is bridged as host and I'm am capturing to a usb hard drive . Thanks