gangaskan

Issues with WDS, and wanting to learn more (usage with SCCM 2012R2)

Question

hi everyone! new user here and stumbled apon this place while looking for SCCM 2012 deployment guides and i'm for some reason having a hell of a time getting everything working correctly.

i have SCCM 2012 up, running, clients are registered Awesome!! well, i'm starting to look at WDS and using ConfigMgr to start deploying installs, updates, and even doing snapshots for pc's

WDS it not running correctly however, is it supposed too? does systemcenter take over when the role is installed?

in the event log i see an informational entry loading WdsImgSrv and initialized then i get a 1000 error about the WDSServer's Svchost process

Faulting application name: svchost.exe_WDSServer, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505a9a4e
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2bcac
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005f61a
Faulting process id: 0x135c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d013e083c6c45c
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: c4ae5eff-7fd3-11e4-9408-005056abae86
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
the WDS server service is in a frequent restart state ever 10 minutes or so
when i try to start WDS i get error 1067 i've tried to re initialize the server and even changed the remote files to a different drive.
where should i go from here? if i need to post any configuration screens or otherwise please let me know!

5 answers to this question

i uninstalled the WDS role, then reinstalled it. the role was working at one point, then i set it to a PXE point on ConfMgr then the service stopped running correctly.

i also have a seperate DHCP server, what should i be using on 66 and 67? (66 being the confgmgr server i know that)