dyos

Hoping someone can help me with deployment error

Question

All,

I'm trying to load a machine and it seems like it installs fine then it reboots and it appears it didn't write the boot partition. I receive the following error “UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME†I pulled the logs and they are as follows:

Failed to save environment to (80070057)

Failed to save the current environment block. This is usually caused by a problem with the program. Please check the Microsoft Knowledge Base to determine if this is a known issue or contact Microsoft Support Services for further assistance.

The parameter is incorrect. (Error:80070057; Source: Windows)

Failed to persis execution state. Error 0x(80070057)

Failed to save execution state and environment to local hard disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

are you deploying XP or what ??? and on what type of hardware

Yea XP on a Lenovo laptop. I think at this point I'm just going to rebuild my image using build and capture. I believe the problem is with AHCI. I figure if I can reload it and load all the XP software/drivers from Lenovo I can just recapture the image.

with XP deployments its normally ALWAYS the sata mode in bios, so change it from AHCI to ATA and reboot and try again

It is the clients preference to leave AHCI rather than ATA. I'm assuming I can change it to ATA load the Intel chipset drivers then change it back to AHCI? I'm going to try and see if that works.

It is the clients preference to leave AHCI rather than ATA. I'm assuming I can change it to ATA load the Intel chipset drivers then change it back to AHCI? I'm going to try and see if that works.

If anyone has this problem in the future here is how you can fix it.

First download all the drivers Intel chipset etc. Import them into the drivers and create a package. Make the package part of the OS deployment.

The other drivers that I added outside of the system specific ones were the Intel Matrix Manager which can be found here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2101&OSFullName=Windows+XP+Professional*〈=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21

to extract the files type in iata89enu.exe -A -p c:\extractHere Once the files are extracted import them into the driver package. Make sure the BIOS is set for AHCI and then do a build a capture of XP.

I'm not sure which one of these steps corrected my issue so I'm posting them all.

If anyone has this problem in the future here is how you can fix it.

First download all the drivers Intel chipset etc. Import them into the drivers and create a package. Make the package part of the OS deployment.

The other drivers that I added outside of the system specific ones were the Intel Matrix Manager which can be found here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2101&OSFullName=Windows+XP+Professional*〈=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21

to extract the files type in iata89enu.exe -A -p c:\extractHere Once the files are extracted import them into the driver package. Make sure the BIOS is set for AHCI and then do a build a capture of XP.

I'm not sure which one of these steps corrected my issue so I'm posting them all.

Hi,

Sorry to reopen an old thread. I'm having the same issue but with a VM machine. The machine was built and captured on the VM but when I come to do a test deploy on the VM, i get the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error. There's no option to switch between AHCI/ATA on the VM.

Please help!

Regards,

Jon