acaskie

Cleaning up Failed/Error/In Progress Deployments

Hello Everyone,

I use the monitoring workspace in SCCM 2012 R2 to monitor deployment statuses and I have quite a few old deployments stuck in IN PROGRESS or ERROR.

The problem clients have since been dealt with but I would like to clean out these deployment statuses to make it easier to monitor.

Are there any tools that will allow me to do this or does it need to be done in the SQL Database directly?

I would like to have the choice between marking the deployment as Successful or deleting it altogether.

Thankyou

Alastair

I've noticed this as well when deploying Applications rather than Packages. If I update an application adn try to redeploy it to the same collection, the status' will not change. It will essentially skip over the ones it touched already, or at least give the illusion that it did. Updating the application should also update any deployments you have set also

If there are failed deployments that I have since remediated but they stay in the In Progress or Error view then the monitoring workspace is effectively no longer up to date.

I have found that if I delete the system from the console and then repair the client it removes all deployments and then re-registers the system in the console.

That cleans up the monitoring workspace but I lose all deployment history which isn't ideal.