stratus66

Roadmap to windows 8.1 embedded

Question

I know that it is difficult to question as mine to be answered easily.

I need a roadmap in order to connect the pieces of Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry puzzle. I am complete newbie in this and I do not know where and how to start. I have no previous experience with embedded.

Any help, link, guide, notes would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Hello Stratus66,

Can you start by better explaining exactly what you are trying to achieve? To me, it sounds more like an SCCM question than an SCSM question. It sounds like you are asking how to deploy Windows Embedded. If this is so, then I will move this thread into the SCCM forum.

Here's a link to information about Windows 8.1 Embedded: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/windows-embedded-8-industry.aspx. The embedded OS is used for special devices, thinks like bank ATMs, computerized restaurant systems, gas station pumps, etc.

Please provide the scenario about what you are trying to accomplish, with as much detail about your environment as possible. Then we'll be able to assist you.