abunael

Install Applications during SCCM OSD Task Sequence

Question

Hello,

I'am a newbe in this forum and I hope that my post is placed here right.

I'am trying to install Applcations such as MS Office during a OSD Task Sequence in SCCM 2012 R2 SP1.

I thought that it would be easy like in MDT 2013 where I have until now my OSD Task Sequences which are working fine.

In SCCM I have the feeling that it will be a more effort for the same goal.

Is it possible to install Appliactions or Packages during a SCCM OSD TS?

Gr

AbuNael

4 answers to this question

Hi SCCMentor,

indeed I've tried your proposal with Office and it works. But my actually problem ist that I need a reboot step in my Task Sequence. After installing the RDSH, Desktop Experience and Remote Assistance Feature I need to reboot so that the Features are completely installed. After the reboot I want to install a Application, but this does not work until now.

I've tried both options for the reboot with the following results:

The boot image assigned to the Task Sequence = will end in an error 32 that means in the log that the application needs to be installed in OS

The currently installed default operation system = the system will reboot and nothing happens after the reboot

So I guess that the reboot behaviour of SCCM TS is different from MDT because there it is working like a charm.

Do you have any Idea to me?

THX

AbuNael

Where in your OS task sequence did you put the step to install your App, and the step to do the restart? Like SCCMentor mentioned, it needs to be far enough down in your task sequence that the full OS and the client have first been installed. And it'll need to reboot into the currently installed OS and not the boot image - because you're installing the App for the full OS, and not WinPE...

Hellow All. I have many difficulties with it.

- When i should put stage "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr" (installing package with SCCM client)?

Lucid, writes, that i need restart to currently installed OS for installing applications. But whe i do so, OS ask's my login and password and all. I login in OS, there are no applications and nothing happens.

What i do wrong?