lark2056

Phantom Role in SCCM

I have installed a child (primary) site in our disaster recovery site for my company. The issue I am having is that under Site Systems, on of the roles I have is SRVDRSCOM01\SMSPXEIMAGES$ as a config manager distribution point. (SRVDRSCOM01 is the name of my server.) Plus that share does not exist on this server. It is showing critical. But I have never installed the PXE service point roll on this box, which is what I beleive this role is for.

I need to know how to cleanly get rid of it. How do I get rid of a role, for a role I never installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Does that only shows under Site Systems? Because when you install the PXE Service Point it does create a SMSPXEIMAGES$ share and DP, but that doesn't show Site Systems... So it almost has to be a manual action...

It doesn't show under Site Systems. It only shows under the site system status. Thats the thing. I know I didn't choose PXE Service point. And now it looks like I did install it, and then uninstalled it, and it shows up as an error. I have attached a screen shot.

Document.rtf

under site systems,click on your servername you will see the roles listed on the right side,

do you see ConfigMgr PXE Service Point listed ? if so the PSP role is installed (it is required for OSD)

to remove the role, right click on it and choose Delete.

you say it shows under site system status, is that the status of the parent site and perhaps that site has the psp role installed >?

No, the parent site does not have the PXE Service point role on it. I did a search in the registry and I did find under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SMS\Components\SMS_WINNT_SERVR_DISCOVERY_AGENT

that their is a key for Discovered Site Systems and this one does show up below in that KEY.

<SMS Distribution Point><["Display=\\DN1DRSCOM01\SMSPXEIMAGES$\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=DN1"]\\DN1DRSCOM01\SMSPXEIMAGES$\>

I wonder what would happen if I just deleted that line in that key. If that would cause damage to SCCM.

I was able to figure it out.

I removed the distributio point role and then it went away under the site system status area.

Thanks for all of the help.

I am the one who installed this guy. I can't explain how that role got there, but I am glad it is not there anymmore.