pembertj

SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 Task Sequence Powershell ADK 10 (Error: 800703E9)

can you guys clarify if you upgraded CM12R2 to SP1 after updating to Windows ADK 10 or did you replace Windows ADK 8.1 with Windows ADK 10 after the event ?

if after, did you follow Brandons advice here ?

I just realized that if I create bootable media (iso), as opposite of distributing them over PXE, my images works just fine. Can anybody else suffering from the issue confirm this? Next question is of course why, but it will narrow the possible causes down a bit….

FYI MS is trying to reproduce the issue in their lab. I am waiting on their results.

Niall,

I upgraded to R2 SP1 and then removed ADK 8.1 and installed ADK 10.

I did follow Brandons guide after the upgrade.

Joohan,

I created a bootable iso and PowerShell is launching every time, although very very slowly.... it takes roughly 30 seconds after running powershell at a command prompt.

Dewayne

I created a bootable iso and PowerShell is launching every time, although very very slowly.... it takes roughly 30 seconds after running powershell at a command prompt.

Dewayne

Thank you, bootable media working at two locations (I have no delays by the way) is the first consistency I've seen so far... And now we wait!

Out of curiosity could you both give a few more details about your set up?

In my case I have a single server, hosted on VMWare. OS is Server 2012 R2, SQL 2012, SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU1 and ADK 10 (Obviously)

My PXE test machine is on the same subnet so I'm not using any helpers or DHCP options.

The only optional components in my boot images are WinPE-NetFx and WinPE-PowerShell.

As of last night MS said

"I have engaged our technical leads and they are also trying to get in touch with the product development team to get more information about the issue.

This procedure may take some time and I will be keeping in touch with them for any updates on the issue and will keep you posted as well."