pembertj

SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU2 - SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER Error 6703 yet updates sync fine

I am seeing the below error on every wsus sync in SCCM --> Monitoring --> System Status --> Component Status --> SMS-WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER.

When I look in WSUS directly on the site server or look at what updates that have synced in "all software updates" in the console everything is syncing perfectly fine... Has anyone ran into this? Online the only suggestions I see are Reinstall SUP and/or WSUS...

Message ID: 6703

Component: SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER

WSUS Synchronization failed. Message: The operation has timed out. Source: Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.ApiRemotingCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse.

Could be ports:

http://www.toolzz.com/?p=749

could be fqdn on your sup, or custom categories/products from SCUP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/27e6d79c-103b-4f77-bdf0-a564f5f4d4ba/sms-server-6703-sms-wsus-synchronization-failed?forum=configmgrsum

Or... if it's working fine anyway...just ignore it...

• Like 1

Yeah the problem is that message ID 6703 also apparently comes up for "WSUS not configured" error message, so a lot of online hits point to fixing that issue and not the one I am running into...

Migrating the site to Server 2012 R2 so might just wait it out...

• Like 1

I know this post is ages old but it helped me! We started getting sync errors as described above. I finally noticed the 6703 errors (duh). For some reason, we had WSUS installed on the Primary and not configured since the SUP was on another server entirely. I deleted WSUS from the Primary and all was well again. I also felt a little silly for not noticing it earlier... :unsure:

Thanks!