stage3roush

Windows 10x64 Enterprise Sysprep and Capture

Question

Hello,

I'm trying to create a reference image for Window 10 Enterprise 64-bit on my Hyper-V VM and need to remove all the built-in apps for All Users, so I have a PoSh script that I run before syspreping it. I'm having a lot of issues when I try to Sysprep and capture it. It fails. When I check the logs in the sysprep folder on the reference PC, it shows "Sysprep failed to remove the apps for the current user , ( or for the user ) 0x80073cf2. The reference image has no Microsoft account associated with any account, and the only user is Administrator. AThe PoSH script I'm using is:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | where-object {$_.name -notlike "*Microsoft.WindowsStore*"} | where-object {$_.name -notlike "*Microsoft.Appconnector*"} | Remove-AppxPackage

To uninstall all "Provisioned Apps"
Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -notlike "*Microsoft.WindowsStore*"} | where-object {$_.packagename -notlike "*Microsoft.Appconnector*"} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online
According to Microsoft, the issue does not occur if you are servicing an offline image, per the KB below.
How can I sysprep and capture a reference image if it cannot be on the network? :unsure:
Thanks.

1 answer to this question

The log file will probably tell you what apps it is failing on. When I ran into a similar issue it was Candy Crush and Twitter that was causing the issue. To get around this fully update your system (this is important as one of the updates just installs Candy Crush and Twitter) then just before you capture go to the start menu, right click on Candy Crush and Twitter and choose uninstall (these are not provisioned apps, they are installed per user not system).

See if that helps. If it doesn't post back with the log file.