jithinpsk

Deploy second OS to an existing image

Question

I work for a college and we have a windows 8 OS pre-existing in my lab. Those machines are frozen by DeepFreeze.

I want to deploy another windows 8 OS to the same machines which will make them dual boot.

We were using Ghost before and were able to do this by creating a separate partition and applying the OS to that partition.

We moved to SCCM infrastructure recently and when I tried to accomplish this through the task sequence, the existing image get wiped out.

Please help me with this.

1 answer to this question

To my knowledge, you can't achieve that with the out-of-the-box task sequences. It will always wipe the existing operating system first. Maybe, really maybe, you can achieve something with a format step on a specific disk/partition and apply the new operating system to that same specific disk/partition.