sccmrules

Report not working

Hello,

I have a problem with a report I'm hoping someone can help me with. When I navigate to Monitoring>Reports>Reporting>Software – Companies and Products>All inventoried products for a specific software company, open the report, and click the “Values” link nothing shows up. It should show every piece of software installed on a computer on our network, but shows nothing. I’ve enabled “Hardware Inventory” in “Default Client Settings” and set inventory classes for many, many things including:

SMS_InstalledSoftware
SMS_InstalledExecutable
Win32Reg_AddRemovePrograms
Win32Reg_AddRemovePrograms64
SoftwareLicensingProduct
SoftwareLicensingService
SMS_SoftwareTag

I’ve also configured “Software Inventory” in “Default Client Settings” and set “Inventory these file types” to search for *.exe.

I’ve also navigated to Assets and Compliance>Asset Intelligence and enabled all Asset Intelligence reporting classes.

Everything is showing up under Assets and Compliance>Asset Intelligence>Inventoried Software.

I’ve waited a couple days and still nothing is showing up. I have the “Hardware inventory schedule” set to everyday at 10pm.

I have an old SCCM server that this is working on and I thought I set this new one up the same way, but I guess not. Anyone know of anything I can do to get this working?

Environment:
Clients: Win7 x64 and Win7 x86
SCCM: 1511
Server OS: 2012 R2

Thank you to all who reply! J

Edited by sccmsucks

Not sure how that will help me. Something is broken and I would like to fix it. Wish I could change my user name to sccmrules, but it really doesn't. I've got everything configured correctly according to MS and other posters and it still doesn't work. Thanks for your reply though GarthMJ.

I believe I did. Why don’t you give me a specific ARP report to look at so we’re on the same page. How do I confirm if the data has been collected or not? If I go to Assets and Compliance>Overview>Asset Intelligence>Inventoried Software all the software titles are listed so I would think that means the data has been collected, but from what you said that must not be the case. Thanks

I ran the “Count of all instances of software registered with Add or Remove Programs” and it returned results, but when I go to Monitoring>Overview>Reporting>Reports>Software - Companies and Products>All inventoried products for a specific software company and click on “Values” there is nothing listed. So your statement of “If one report works they all will work” does not seem to be true in this environment. Can you explain to me why one report works and others don’t?

On our old SCCM server I have Software Inventory setup exactly the same way as I do on our new SCCM server. It works just fine on the old one, but not on the new one. You say it is “useless”, but when it works it is far better than using the report(s) you suggested. If I want to find all the machines that have a certain version of Flash Player I can render a report that has all the computers with a that version installed. If I use the report you suggested then I have to scroll through hundreds of applications just to find Flash Player or Java or whatever. The search doesn’t work for crap.

The reason I think SCCM sucks is because of things like this. If SCCM rules then there wouldn’t even be an issue here, but nobody that thinks they are an SCCM guru can tell me how to fix this issue. The answer is just don’t use those reports. Use the count reports. REALLY?!?! That is not an acceptable answer to me. The problem is NOT fixed.

Please re-instate my original username until this is resolved! LOL