winpe_destrian

GPO for Internet Explorer Zonemapping settings failing

Question

I am new to this company and literally everyone before me is gone. A request came in to add a site to the IE11 Edge mode XML. I found the GPO and navigated to the XML. XML location was \sysvol\blah.com\Policies{}\WR_IE11EMSL1.0.xml

A previous request was completed two months ago that is identical except for the URL is different. I added to the end of the XML this line: <domain exclude="true">imd-d.domain.com</domain>

This matches with the previous entries, which I can access with IE.

When using a GPUpdate /Force, this comes up: The following warnings were encountered during computer policy processing: Windows failed to apply the Internet Explorer Zonemapping settings. Internet Explorer Zonemapping settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link.

Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

You have to change <rules version="X"> to a new version number for IE to import the new list...

The errors received after GPUpdate /Force seem to be a common occurrence when deploying these changes to exclude certain sites from Enterprise Mode.