clush

Install IE 11 in the Task Sequence

Hello,

I have been trying to create a task sequence using the install.wim Windows 7 x64 Enterprise which only has IE 8. I created a application using IEAK 11 which seem to be not a issue. However when I deploy the application in my task sequence I cannot logon to a domain account it comes up and says cannot load the user profile. If I logon to a local account (admin account) IE 11 is installed.

If I disable this step in my task sequence I have no issues logging on to a domain account.

****Just to note in my task sequence it joins a domain.****

Then I thought I would try and create a .wim image of a specific model adding IE and the driver pack, etc. I used WinPE to create my .wim file. I then added it to SCCM as an OS Image and added that to my task sequence however for some reason it stops after doing a reboot. When I go into look it just installs the contents of the .wim file. All of the other steps in my task sequence never runs. Checked the logs and there is nothing out of the ordinary.

Any help with regards to what is the best way to get IE 11 on all of my systems. Should I push it out as an update afterwards to that particular device collection?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig,

I have a feeling that you are getting hit by the Customer Experience Improvement bug/feature/issue. If you are getting the error, "The user profile service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." then it is due to standard user accounts not having access to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\SQM\iesqmdata_setup0.sqm. You stated above that you can logon with an admin account which does have access. You should also see 1509 errors in the event logs. The easiest fix is to add a command to delete this file in your task sequence after IE 11 has been installed.

There's a software update that has been released for installing IE11 - i'd suggest pushing that out (assuming you use software updates)

Failing that, you can download the package and deploy traditionally through SCCM