jitaro

Anyone have a script to find where a patch is DL'd to?

Does anyone have a script to find out what deployment package a certain patch is downloaded to? I've been searching through each package one by one until I find it, which is quite tedious. Maybe a powershell script, a wql query, whatever you can think of. I've tried searching on this topic and it doesnt seem to be a common problem since I can find nothing on it.

I work in a very large enterprise environment. We have probably 30 deployment packages, most are organized by year, but some are not. Problem I have is when a local admin reaches out to me and says he's seeing an issue across his site where a certain patch is stuck at 0% when his workstations try to download it and I know the boundaries are good but I want to see if there is an issue with the package on his DP. Maybe it never got distributed to his site, failed trying to reach his DP's etc. I appreciate any help anyone can provide

Here is a SQL query you can run from the Management Studio, Power BI, Excel ... etc.

Just cut the last line if you want a complete list or use it for filtering.

SELECT v_UpdateInfo.Title, v_ContentInfo.ContentSource
FROM v_UpdateInfo INNER JOIN
     v_UpdateContents ON v_UpdateInfo.CI_ID = v_UpdateContents.CI_ID INNER JOIN
     v_ContentInfo ON v_UpdateContents.Content_ID = v_ContentInfo.Content_ID
WHERE     (v_UpdateContents.ContentProvisioned = 1)
AND v_UpdateInfo.Title LIKE '%KB2900986%'