Config_Mgr_noob

SCCM 1511 TESTDBUPGRADE Error - Prereg

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my primary site to 1511 but running into some road blocks when performing the testdbupgrade prereq list. At first, the error is indicating Unsupported ConfigMgr Database version. But as I open the ConfigMgrSetup.log, I noticed its not able to open the database to verify the site version (which is 5.00.8239.1000). I have attached some screenshots below to show the errors.

Can someone assist or guide me to a step that I might be overlooking?

Thanks in advance.

post-22069-0-69919800-1482185647.png

post-22069-0-97873000-1482185651.png

post-22069-0-44902600-1482185713.png

well 11.0.5388.0 is somewhere between SQL Server 2012 SP2 and SP3 according to https://sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.se/

your other version (test env) is using SQL Server 2012 RTM so you must update it to SP2 prior to doing the testdbupgrade

Just upgraded to the version below which matches the production SQL server except for the operating system version number and the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) and still no go; exact same error message within the ConfigMgrSetup.log. Not sure if those component versions matter? Can't see what else I can try to get the test going. Any other suggestion, Anyweb?

post-22069-0-84710900-1482325529.png

it's the service (user) account you use to install SCCM and to be able to login to SQL Server Management Studio

when you did the new pre-req check after updating SQL to the supported version is it still complaining about the SQL version ?

I've tried 2 accounts to run the test, the account I used to install SCCM initially and the account I use for the network access account SCCM uses, and still no avail. After I did the upgrade to the version above, it's still screaming the exact same error messages. I've added both accounts to the SQL server as owners, local admin to the test server and still unable to connect to the SQL server.

Not sure what I'm overlooking at this point. Any other location I can look into?

post-22069-0-79557000-1482520718.png