Kinom

using USMT 4.0 in SCCM

Question

Ho all,

I have a problem using USMT 4.0 in SCCM

On my virtual environment it works fine :) , now I am trying to implement it on our existing infrastructure and I receive the following error 80070002.

0, HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdusmt\userstateaction.cpp,95) VerifyIfPreLonghornBinary(sUsmtBinary, m_bUSMTPreLonghorn), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdusmt\userstateaction.cpp,523) SetUSMTBinary(), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdusmt\userstateaction.cpp,955) usmAction.Init(::GetCommandLineW()), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdusmt\main.cpp,235) Invoking ReleaseSource on USMTPackagePath D:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\F010013C Entering ReleaseSource() for D:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\F010013C reference count 1 for the source D:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\F010013C before releasing Delete source directory D:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\F010013C IsUsmtPreLonghorn failed (0x80070002). UserStateMigrationAction::GetUSMTBinary failed (0x80070002). Failed to initlialize, (0x80070002) Released the resolved source D:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\F010013C OSDMigrateUserState finished: 0x80070002

I deed already what Peter told me but it wont work.

What am Im doing wrong?

5 answers to this question

take a look at this post Kinom

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/feee79b7-6869-4df0-848b-0d6076f3bdfb

once you have, try what is suggested there and see what happens, if it helps then i want you to tell us how you are doing this, i'm trying to find out why this is happening and so far, no answers..

take a look at this post Kinom

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/feee79b7-6869-4df0-848b-0d6076f3bdfb

once you have, try what is suggested there and see what happens, if it helps then i want you to tell us how you are doing this, i'm trying to find out why this is happening and so far, no answers..

I deed what you told and it works :D

I will let you know if it is complete.

Ok hire it comes.

What I have done is:

Copy past the USMT folder from the Program files of a XP computer to a server share and created a package pointed to the X86 folder and distributed to the DPs (No program).

You can use this also C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\USMT

I added into the task sequence and specify the files just like you told me.

It is strange because on my virtual environment I dont have to do these steps, pointing to the X86 file and add the files.

Migrate XP to Win7 no problem :)

Now I am testing to migrate a vista to win7 but I have to configure the MigUser.xml and I dont know what to change :wacko: