A.Kassem

Software Baseline for approved software

How can I create a configuration baseline for approved software list in my organization .

I created configuration item for approved software and set compliance rule to be must exist .

Is there is a way to determine which clients have installation for not approved software to report it as noncompliance.

What you are asking for is almost impossible. Why you ask? Well that is because there is an avg of 186 SW title installed on each computer. This would mean that you will have to compare at 186 titles, If you have more than one model of computer you will need to add the SW titles for that model too. Then at least each month you will need to update the list as titles and versions are updated. This will be an never ending battle.

So what should you do instead? You should create a report that will compare two or more computers can list the differences. Something similar to this. https://www.enhansoft.com/blog/comparison-of-installed-software-is-february-2017s-free-configuration-manager-report

12 hours ago, GarthMJ said:

What you are asking for is almost impossible. Why you ask? Well that is because there is an avg of 186 SW title installed on each computer. This would mean that you will have to compare at 186 titles, If you have more than one model of computer you will need to add the SW titles for that model too. Then at least each month you will need to update the list as titles and versions are updated. This will be an never ending battle.

So what should you do instead? You should create a report that will compare two or more computers can list the differences. Something similar to this. https://www.enhansoft.com/blog/comparison-of-installed-software-is-february-2017s-free-configuration-manager-report

Thanks for your help I guess your words are reasonable to me problem is that my manager want a way with SCCM to monitor user's PCs for any unapproved software installation so it came to my mind that we can use Configuration baseline for a list of approved software and any other installation make client non-compliant , so do u think that your suggested report would do the same by any means I asked Enhansoft to send me the report source with my business E-mail will they send it ?