Jump to content


xerxes2985

Asset Intelligence report to show add/remove programs version??

Recommended Posts

Hello,

How can I modify the report Software 06A to return the ACTUAL version?
Capture.PNG.1289607e46d3e63a8cb87414960cdce1.PNG

Basically, I want to get an overall view of how many computers have (Flash in this case) version 25.0.0.148 installed or 25.0.0.171 (for example).

Can someone help me with this?
Or Is there another existing report that will do this for me?
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Have you looked at the Builtin ARP reports? They should give you what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GarthMJ said:

Have you looked at the Builtin ARP reports? They should give you what you want.

Garth,

If you are referring to these reports

these.thumb.PNG.fc4b62baf74e7f85576ce549c23772d3.PNG

Most show up like this one, where I either can click "Values" and nothing shows up

this.PNG.6cfb4944252c07b92c4704416d4a0c2c.PNG

 

Or I can't click on the Values field at all

 

and_this.PNG.e1b9d0161acd001d163420396e8a29f1.PNG

 

One report did work (Thank you) and it is giving me an overall view which will work for now.

and_this2.PNG.17dbbca5b341137c3fd23dd9f2ae5930.PNG

But, if you have any suggestions on how to fix the issue I am encountering, that would be awesome. I thought about removing the reporting services role, and adding again but I am thinking there has to be an easier way?

 

Thanks

 

Jesse

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. You shouldn't be accessing the reports from the console, you should be accessing them from the web interface.
  2. The first report you are rung to run use SW inventory , which is useless and shouldn't be turn on anyways. Therefore the error is normal.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GarthMJ said:
  1. You shouldn't be accessing the reports from the console, you should be accessing them from the web interface.
  2. The first report you are rung to run use SW inventory , which is useless and shouldn't be turn on anyways. Therefore the error is normal.

 

 

1. Is there a better web interface (SCCM 2007, I thought had a much better web interface) Or a frontend?

2. I thought so, but figured I would ask.

One last question about this report - I've figured out that if I search using "Adobe Flash Player" it doesn't work, but if I search using the wildcard "Adobe Flash Player%" It works fine and returns the result. This is not a huge deal, but is there a way to modify the report that it either doesn't require (and I think it may be called boolean searching?) or is there an easy way to modify the report to always append a % sign to the end of whats typed in the search field?

 and_this.PNG.e1b9d0161acd001d163420396e8a29f1.PNG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. I'm not sure why you think the interface isn't nice.. it looks fine to me.. Are you looking at the Reports URL or the Reportservices URL?
  2.   
  3. Sure you can edit the report and do what ever you want.. Personally I would clone the report and edit that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GarthMJ said:
  1. I'm not sure why you think the interface isn't nice.. it looks fine to me.. Are you looking at the Reports URL or the Reportservices URL?
  2.   
  3. Sure you can edit the report and do what ever you want.. Personally I would clone the report and edit that.

(It's not that bad, I just want to make it look better)

 

I'm just going to http://servername/Reports

And I just cloned the report by reading an old post you commented on. Thanks!
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is wrong with that interface? it nicely organized by folders. (Lists if you check that button)

The link point to my old blog site. You should check out my new blog site. https://www.enhansoft.com/blog/ there are lots of reporting tips! Plus we talk about our free monthly report giveaway too.  And for that matter this one is on Computer AI data too.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GarthMJ said:

What is wrong with that interface? it nicely organized by folders. (Lists if you check that button)

The link point to my old blog site. You should check out my new blog site. https://www.enhansoft.com/blog/ there are lots of reporting tips! Plus we talk about our free monthly report giveaway too.  And for that matter this one is on Computer AI data too.

 

 

 

I am just being picky I think. I was so used to the SCCM 2007 reporting interface that this is a big change. I've been browsing to your blog a lot, and I just put 2+2 together yesterday that you were one-in-the-same person lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...