dsmonroe63

Redistribute Configuration Manager Client Package

Hey all, a week or so ago, I started removing old content from distribution points as part of a site clean up. I made a major mistake by not querying which packages are needed by task sequences. At some point, the number for the Configuration Manager Client Package and the Upgrade Package got changed from the default of XXX00003 and XXX00004 to something else and I didn't notice the name. I removed the packages from two DPs using PowerShell. Seeing they were missing, I attempted to redistribute. No luck. Not only do they not redistribute but every half hour or so they are 'successfully removed' from the two DPs:

Distribution Manager successfully removed package "XXX0001F" from distribution point "["Display=\\DISTRIBUTIONPOINT\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=WHQ"]\\DP.FQDN.LOCAL\".

I've attempted to add 'client.acu' into the Hman Inbox, I've added a .txt file to the package source to make the package different so it would redistribute, and I've tried to force the distribution with PowerShell. No luck. 

Any ideas? I'm tempted to try this solution but wanted to get all of your thoughts first. Thanks!

distmgr.log