Hello all,

I became the administrator of a SCCM site recently.  To my dismay, we've been imaging workstations with a USB thumb drive, not by SCCM OSD through PXE booting.  I've been trying to setup PXE booting without success.  Since I have limited knowledge on managing SCCM, hopefully I can resolve this issue with your help.

The SCCM Site contains 1 Primary site server (CB 1706) and 2 distribution points.  The Primary site has all roles except the DP role installed (Is the DP role required on the Primary Server for PXE booting?).  The 2 DP servers have the DP and FSP role installed.

The DPs have the PXE Support enabled and I've edited the DHCP 66 & 67 scope options to point to the DP server ip and the share file "\REMInst\SMSBOOT\x64\wdsnbp.com".  Windows ADK is installed on the Primary Site Server and matches the boot.wim version (is the ADK install required on the DP servers as well?).  When I press F12 at boot up, it does get an IP from the DHCP server, but goes to "PXE-M0F" exiting intel boot agent" right away.  UDP Ports 67-69, 4011, 135, TCP Ports 135, 445 and RPC Dynamic ports allowed on the DP server firewall as well.

Is there anything obvious you guys can tell by my description?  Thanks for reading and thanks for help in advance!

Edited by su1c1da1
adding additional details

Thanks for the reply Config Mangler.  I figured it out, it’s not a ip helper issue.  For people who might have he same issue as me.  On option 67, I entered the path as reminst\smsboot\x64\wdsnbp.com.  After digging through numerous post and seeing the registry, the root path is set to remoteinstall folder.  So I just had to remove the \reminst\ from the path and it worked.