xerxes2985

Collection contents not matching HW inventory?

I'm using the following report and checking against all systems for %iTunes%. My report comes back with around 35 systems. 
image.png.5470534d19c6250f711104866d47b87d.png

However, I've created a collection for iTunes, and it is only showing 9 systems.
image.png.d8755d2ec01415d43e93013f8c530c49.png

The query I am using for the collection is the following.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64 on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "iTunes" or SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.DisplayName = "iTunes"

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Why not use Installed Software, ProductName = iTunes   ?  I'd feel more confident about that vs. the two different ARP ones.

Are you sure you HAVE iTunes older than v12?  Can you look at a box you *know* has an older version?  maybe it's not called exactly 'iTunes'; but is instead called something like ... 'Apple i Tunes The Media Player' or something... not 'iTunes'

• Like 1

@skissinger

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE on SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE.ProductName like "%iTunes%"

That worked. Thanks for the information! I have been using the ARP to build collections as I haven't had any issues... until today.

image.png.ca283f80363c885977f9928494964618.png

Edited by xerxes2985
added image of fixed application collection.