JF3034

Setting up a report Subscription

Question

Hello.  I am in the process of trying to setup Subscribing to reports in SCCM.  I have created a folder path \\cm01\Reports to send the reports to.  What I need help with is what permissions does this folder require?  Read/ write permissions?  To be more specific, what read permissions would a user need to see the reports and what write permissions does SCCM need to that folder?  My network administrator has tasked me with figuring this out.  I am more of a Desktop support guy.  I have read several books and have been searching the internet but have not found a comprehensive guide on how to set this up.  Initially I want to have the report send to the file share \\cm01\Reports.  Once that is working the next step would be to have the reports delivered by email.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

Edited by JF3034

4 answers to this question

Is there a reason why are you are not using email subscriptions? 

To answer your question, it will depend on how you setup SSRS, as to what rights are needed by SSRS to create a file subscription. in a nutshell, give SSRS full file and share rights. the users will only need read rights. 

Ultimately I would like to use email subscriptions.  We are a small group of 4 in our IT department.  I wanted to make sure the subscriptions are working as desired before I start broadcasting them to the rest of my team.  Is it easier to setup email subscriptions than sending them to a file share?