GauiC

stand-alone usb media creation

Question

Is it possible to somehow create a stand-alone usb media without having to insert the usb drive to the site server?

My site server is at a datasentre and is a virtual computer, so if I am able to create those bootable usb devices without getting to the datasentre it would be nice.

I have tried one thing without luck, that is to create a bootable dvd iso and then use "unetbooting" to convert the iso to bootable usb but it was a nice try :)

I have also found this software usb-over-network, (not tested yet)

Have anyone found a nice way to do this?

Retards,

GauiC

4 answers to this question

just install the SCCM Admin console on a computer and do it there, have you tried that ?

Did that now, that works perfectly.. :)

I thought that I had seen somewhere that this must be done on a site server, but that's not true

thanks

GauiC

any estimate for how long creating the stand alone media takes? I have a task sequence to install Win7 (32bit) and deploy a few software packages, some drivers etc, typical stuff for zero touch deployment. i'd like to get this on USB or DVD (both bootable), trying to run the create task sequence wizard, go through the screens, it creates it, starts, completes the first few steps but then hangs on Processing 0%...