Kingskawn

Big deployment problems

Question

Where to begin...

We have 1 primary site with 8 secondary sites. Between them more than 20km so it's over WAN but not through the internet, it's going through the same lan over wan connection.

Bandwidth is more than 10Mbit/s.

Every secondary site has it's own domain name because it's each time another client. All clients do have the same site code that is the one from the primary site server (ours).

They are all using SCCM 2007 SP1 R2 and waiting for SP2 but due to complications with this problem I cannot do it.

We can install perfectly a machine using the task sequences but when I secondary site wants to do the same it doesn't find it's boot package. It finds the secondary site but it cannot boot.

BUT when, in the advertisement, I check the option 'When no local distribution point is available, use a remote distribution point' it will work but it's slower.

So which sites are protected here: all of my secondary sites but not the primary site.

MORE I have a client who has 2 locations and on each location he has a secondary site because he must install machines on both sites. I've put the correct ip subnet as boundary on 1 site and 1 on the other and also protected. Site A has ip subnet 10.75.4.0 (workstations) and is protected but the server is in subnet 10.75.7.0 and isn't in the boundary, could this be the problem or doesn't the ip subnet not be in the boundaries?

I am getting nuts :wacko: :angry:

3 answers to this question

give me more details of this

but when I secondary site wants to do the same it doesn't find it's boot package. It finds the secondary site but it cannot boot.

how is the secondary site setup and what roles are installed on it

give me more details of this

how is the secondary site setup and what roles are installed on it

The SS is installed on Win2003 R2 x32 with the following roles;

•  
  • Distribution point (checked "Enable as a standard distribution point", checked "Allow clients to transfer content from" and "allow intranet-only clients")
  • Management point (checked "Allow devices to use this management point" and to use the site database)
  • PXE Service point (checked "Allow this pxe service point to respond to incoming pxe requests", starts on all network interfaces and certificate goes until 2015)
  • Site system (In site system I put the FQDN and checked "Enable this site as a protected site system" with boundary on ip subnet 10.75.8.0)