Harvey

Dell Optiplex 755 Intel 82566DM-2 Network issue

Question

I've tried suggestions from other threads w/ the same network card but it doesn't seem to work with this model when I try to apply it to our Task Sequence.

The image pulls down fine and the driver injects fine for other models of Optiplex and Latitude but not the 755. These are the same drivers we had working in SMS 2003 and just imported them into SCCM thinking everything would work except for that one model.

If we log into the box and can go into Device Manager quickly enough, we can see that the drivers are there because it will install it but that's after the fact and it's missing half the applications on the Task Sequence and not joined to the domain.

I've tried many drivers from Intel, HP, and other variations and versions but none seem to take.

Would there be a difference if I selected install all compatible drivers vs select the best driver?

3 answers to this question

After talking to our MS rep, they suggested to include this line in the sysprep file. This may or may not prompt the driver install during the image process if it can't find the driver. None of this was showing in the SMSTSlog so it's hard to pinpoint, this may help others with drivers that don't install.

In the [unattended] section of sysprep they suggested we add "UpdateInstalledDrivers=Yes" goes before the DriversSigningPolicy.

This has worked as a solution to get the drivers to install and join it to the domain and I've just tested it during Driver Injection so it will work with the need to include the drivers on your WIM. My boss encountered a different scenario so he included it on the WIM however it seems to be a hit or a miss when you rebuild your driver packages to make it more neat.

I don't know the problem but my ended up looking for drivers in a Drivers/11 folder when it didn't copy them down. Only 1,2,3 existed and in the 3 directory was where the Intel driver were copied to but it didn't find the PROUNSTL.EXE file only.

Make sure your unsigned drivers is checked off in the Auto Apply Drivers package too.

The driver we used was the one from Dell, hopes this helps.

After talking to our MS rep, they suggested to include this line in the sysprep file. This may or may not prompt the driver install during the image process if it can't find the driver. None of this was showing in the SMSTSlog so it's hard to pinpoint, this may help others with drivers that don't install.

In the [unattended] section of sysprep they suggested we add "UpdateInstalledDrivers=Yes" goes before the DriversSigningPolicy.

This has worked as a solution to get the drivers to install and join it to the domain and I've just tested it during Driver Injection so it will work with the need to include the drivers on your WIM. My boss encountered a different scenario so he included it on the WIM however it seems to be a hit or a miss when you rebuild your driver packages to make it more neat.

I don't know the problem but my ended up looking for drivers in a Drivers/11 folder when it didn't copy them down. Only 1,2,3 existed and in the 3 directory was where the Intel driver were copied to but it didn't find the PROUNSTL.EXE file only.

Make sure your unsigned drivers is checked off in the Auto Apply Drivers package too.

The driver we used was the one from Dell, hopes this helps.

Hello

Had a similar problem with the new Lenovo X201. Solution: Added the NetworkCard driver to the X86 Boot image, and created a driverpackage with all the X201 drivers, and applied the driverpackage during the task, and it all went well :)

http://www.deployvista.com/Default.aspx?tabid=36&EntryID=82 (driverpackages).

Hello

Had a similar problem with the new Lenovo X201. Solution: Added the NetworkCard driver to the X86 Boot image, and created a driverpackage with all the X201 drivers, and applied the driverpackage during the task, and it all went well :)

http://www.deployvista.com/Default.aspx?tabid=36&EntryID=82 (driverpackages).

Dell do a fantastic service of providing pre-packaged .cab files for every single model, for every single windows OS, specifically for SCCM 2007

http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Dell+Business+Client+Operating+System+Deployment+-+The+.CAB+Files

the above link has helped me to no end with a dell roll out i did recently.it also gives a guide on how to add them etc.