ibrafe

Customizing MDT layout

Question

6 answers to this question

sure thing, to do this in MDT Deployment workbench, right click on your Deployment Share, choose Properties, click on the Windows PE X86 Settings tab and browse to the background file you want to use

sure thing, to do this in MDT Deployment workbench, right click on your Deployment Share, choose Properties, click on the Windows PE X86 Settings tab and browse to the background file you want to use

Thanks for the reply. I tried changing the pic but the PC screen comes out black. Tried to match the specs but nothing. If I replace the pic with the original boom it works. Any Ideas?

Were you using a bitmap file?

My problem is that when I use a jpg file the background is black until I get past the installing of the OS of my task sequence. Once I am in the setup of the OS my custom background shows perfectly. When I use the bmp version of my custom background, it is blurry. Any ideas on how to fix the resolution?

Thanks in advance.

Were you using a bitmap file?

My problem is that when I use a jpg file the background is black until I get past the installing of the OS of my task sequence. Once I am in the setup of the OS my custom background shows perfectly. When I use the bmp version of my custom background, it is blurry. Any ideas on how to fix the resolution?

Thanks in advance.

can you check if you are follwoing this post.

Yes, I have tried replacing the winpe.bmp file in the boot image on both indexes and that didn't work at all. When I change the Windows PE Background on the Windows PE tab on the boot image properties to point to my custom background it does one of two things:

With jpg file it only shows after the OS install of the task sequence. The background is crystal clear.

With the bmp file is shows for the whole deployment but the logo on my background is blurry and almost unreadable.

I solved my problem and thought I would post my solution here in case anyone else could use the information. I changed the resolution on my bmp file to 640 x 480 and now it looks fine on any size monitor. Before the resolution of my bmp was the same as the monitor I was testing on and it was unreadable. After changing the size, I simply added it to my boot image and updated the distribution points.